Unified Patent Court – Public Consultation on the Rules on Court fees and recoverable costs
31 July 2015
The IP Federation has submitted a response to the public consultation on the Rules on Court fees and recoverable costs under the Unified Patent Court. Responses are to be sent electronically to the Secretariat before midnight on 31 July 2015.
We have included comments on the following matters:
- Opt-out fees
- Revocation action and DNI (declarations of non-infringement) fees
- Scales for value based fees
- Deciding upon value for the purpose of fee calculation and cost recovery
- The alternative R.370.6 proposals
- Cost recovery
- Method of payment of fees
The IP Federation is of the view that:
- the opt-out fee should be substantially reduced and/or justified.
- there is no requirement for either of the alternative versions of sub-rule 6 of Rule 370; and
- the fees and cost recovery rules are in need of refinement to prevent abuses and unintended consequence as explained above. In particular, if the model of fixed fee revocation actions is adopted, the fee must be strictly per patent or else batch revocation actions will be encouraged.
For full details, click HERE.
To see all our policy papers, click HERE.
Consultation on IPO’s new Design Opinions Service
The IP Federation has submitted a response to the consultation...
IP Federation's Message to the New Government
The IP Federation has written to the Rt Hon. David Cameron MP in the light of...
Legal Services Board – Regulatory Restrictions in Practising Rules for In-house Lawyers
The IP Federation has submitted a response to the discussion paper...
Substantive Patent Law Harmonisation [SPLH]
The IP Federation is making a further plea for continued efforts to find...
The EU Trade Secrets Directive (December 2014)
The IP Federation has submitted to MEPs a paper on the proposed...
Costs of using the Unitary Patent Package
The IP Federation has issued a brief paper on the costs of using...
Trends and Events 2014
The annual newsletter in which the Federation reviews its previous twelve months’...
Public Consultation on Patents and Standards by the European Commission
The IP Federation has submitted a response to the European Commission’s...
India National Intellectual Property Policy
The IP Federation has submitted comments on the draft National Intellectual...
Unified Patent Court IT system and confidentiality issues
The IP Federation has issued a brief paper summarising concerns...